Tuesday, July 7, 2020

wants and needs

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 (6:11 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. I took a risk yesterday. I asked for what I wanted. There’s a word. Wanted.


Blessed God, I am asking You to work in me this day. I struggle with the fine line difference between wants and needs.


This is where I follow Your Word to Acts 20:32. The apostle Paul. Obedient to the leading of Your Holy Spirit (v. 22).


“Now I’m turning you over to God, our marvelous God whose gracious Word can make you into what He wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need in this community of holy friends.”


Holy, blessed God, how I thank You for Your perfection. Perfect peace. Perfect presence.


Yes Father. I struggle with my thoughts. Often. It’s when I turn in praise and adoration to Your Truth that I am reminded of Your leading. Thank You Lord. Thank You for Your goodness and Your grace.


How I turn to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). And even here, You do not disappoint.


The Life Recovery Bible comment for “7:7-11 Prayer can teach us perseverance. These three commands (‘keep on asking,’ ‘keep on looking,’ and ‘keep on knocking’) are positive habits we should develop. We will persist in prayer with realistic hopes once we fully appreciate the kind of father who hears our prayers.”


Yes Lord. You provide our every need. I ask You to empower me in wanting all it is You know is best.


Acts “20:22-38 … Paul sensed a clear leading by the Holy Spirit and was determined to follow it. Apparently, Paul was aware that God’s plan would lead him through difficult circumstances. Yet he felt compelled to do the work God assigned him. Following God’s will in recovery is not easy… Paul’s example encourages us to pray for clear knowledge of God’s will and the power to obey it.”


Yes please! Clear knowledge and Your power. You know our needs. Do all You know is necessary in helping us want Your best for us.


I love You. I need You. I ask You to do all we can’t. And I thank You. Lord, how I thank You! Amen.

(374 words ~ 7:08 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment