Thursday, May 24, 2018

"Yes, Father."


Thursday, May 24, 2018 (6:38 a.m.)
Hi God,

It’s five hours after the last time I was here. Thank You that sleep again happened during those hours.

Yes Father. Thank You.

Hmm… Can that be my reply for the day? “Yes, Father.” I noticed myself saying it earlier. I really like the sound of it.

How much better will my attitude be when I thank, rather than repeatedly question You. Far too often my response is, “Why God?”. “Yes, Father” has such a better ring to it.

Thanks for the extra sleep Dad. It didn’t come easily. I actually tossed and turned. And turned some more. I prayed. Read. Sang. Made mental notes. Then finally fell upon, “I love You, Lord.”

Yes, Father. Thinking it led to my singing ♪I love You, Lord, and I lift my voice to worship You, O my soul, rejoice!♪ I remember my breathing change. Feeling myself calm and settle down. And here I am several hours later asking that You would continue Your work in me.

Right now I cannot see the forest for the trees. There are so many projects we want to take care of. So much to do. Thoughts. Ideas. Plans. And necessities.

I absolutely need You to sort them out for me. Let my reply when You do be a resounding, “Yes Father”!

Getting to be here with You, pouring over Your Word is such a privilege! Thank You Father.

Following one thought to another verse I am now at Psalm 90. Most Holy Father God, I am confessing the confusion that has taken over our household.

Taking a very quick swerve over to 1 Corinthians 14 and the apostle Paul’s Call to Orderly Worship. I am immediately drawn to verses 33a and 40. Here we are reminded that You are not a God of disorder and confusion, but of peace and order.

How I ask You to align my heart, soul, mind and strength that ‘all things will be done decently and in order’ this day. Yes, Father. I need the ability to follow the council of Your Holy Spirit as chaos continues reigning supreme in our household.

And here again is a sincere and genuine, authentic smile. Back at Psalm 90. The Life Recovery Bible comments for verses 10-12 and 13-17.

Most Dear and Holy God how I absolutely thank You for Your tender care of and for each of us.

90:10-12 Remembering that life is short and often filled with sorrow, we should ask God how He wants us to spend our days and concentrate on making our life count for something. We have wasted enough time creating our own problems. We should focus now on growing in wisdom and making positive changes in our life so we can accomplish things for God.”

Yes, Father! Please. That.

And “90:13-17 Our restoration to wholeness and health depends on our cooperation with God. Only He can give us the power to be what we ought to be. But God won’t force change on us; we must want change. We must begin through prayer and Bible study. We can ask God to make us willing to change and to give us the strength to follow through with action.”

Oh most dear and Holy God, yes! I am asking You for the willingness to change and the strength to follow through with the action that is necessary. Yes, Father. Yes.

♪I love You, Lord, and I lift my voice to worship You. O my soul, rejoice! Take joy, my King, in what You hear; may it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear.♪

Yes, Father. Please.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. Speak that I will listen. Lead that I would follow. Command that I would obey. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(645 words ~ 8:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment