Sunday, May 27, 2018

sincere love


Sunday, May 27, 2018 (6:08 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I am here because I love You. I am here because I want to be. I am here to thank and praise You. I am here to learn more of what Your Word has to say about how I am to live my life. Romans 12. 1 Peter 3:8-12.

Mm… Your Word. Your Truth. Such hope. Insight. Mmm, yes Father. Pour Your Word into me that I would come to love as You would have me love.

Romans 12 in the Illustrated Bible Handbook describes “a process of inner transformation which will lead to an entirely new outlook on life.” Oh yes Father!

Reading on from there, True Interdependence; 12:3-8 and Sincere Love; 12:9-21we are encouraged to “overcome evil with good.”

Blessed God, how I ask You to continue shining Your light on the Truth we are called to live.

The Message, “Summing up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless - that’s your job, to bless. You’ll be a blessing and also get a blessing. Whoever wants to embrace life and see the day fill up with good, Here’s what you do: Say nothing evil or hurtful; Snub evil and cultivate good; run after peace for all you’re worth. God looks on all this with approval, listening and responding well to what He’s asked; But He turns His back on those who do evil things.”

Oh Blessed God, oh that I would come to live each day as You would have us live it. With sincere love (Romans 12:9-21). “… of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other; loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds” (1 Peter 3:8).

Mm, yes Blessed God. Do all You must to this end. I love You. I need You I want You. I thank You. Amen.
(334 words ~ 7:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment