Monday, May 21, 2018

all in all


Friday, May 18, 2018 (7:20 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You that You are all that You are.
(10:08 a.m.)
Mm, yes Father. Thank You for all You are. 
(12:11 p.m.)
I keep going away. And coming back.

Unexpected interruptions. Phone calls. Simple tasks. Thank You that You are here during it all. Waiting. Patiently. Knowing my heart. My soul. My mind. My strength.

Mm. Yes. Thank You that You not know only know all. You are all.

My reading this morning continues bringing me back to 1 Corinthians 15:21-28. I confess to it seeming completely new to me. My own understanding of it is limited. And still I thank You.

Thank You for the learning that is yet to come. I am thrilled to hope in Your Word.

I read of resurrection. New life. Power. Authority. And I smile. Breath deeply. Hope. And smile again.

Christian Standard Bible tells us, “When everything is subject to Christ, then the Son himself will also be subject to the one who subjected everything to him, so that God may be all in all” (v. 28).

I compare these words to Contemporary English Version and smile some more. “After everything is under the power of God’s Son, he will put himself under the power of God, who put everything under his Son’s power. Then God will mean everything to everyone.”

I wonder Father. What would it be like for You to mean everything to everyone? To truly be our all in all?

The Message challenges my thinking this way, “When everything and everyone is finally under God’s rule, the Son will step down, taking his place with everyone else, showing that God’s rule is absolutely comprehensive [all-inclusive; all-embracing] - a perfect ending!

Mm. A perfect ending. Your perfect ending. Yes Father. Continue Your work in fitting us in to Your perfect ending. You meaning everything to everyone. Being our all in all.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(333 words ~ 1:43 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment