Friday, May 4, 2018

being thankful


Friday, May 4, 2018 (7:05 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

THANK YOU! Yes, Father. Thank You for hope. Thank You for change. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your care.

Mm, yes! Even before opening my eyes; my heart, soul and mind were singing ♪Be Thankful♪ to You. Although initially humming “grateful” to the toe tapping beat, I was thrilled to be reminded of Your presence in our lives.

I recognized a change in dynamics around here yesterday. How sincerely I thank You for taking me from gloom to grateful. You never cease to amaze me. With hope when I least expect it. Thank You!

I have three main choices of Scripture this morning. 1 Peter 5:6-7; Isaiah 51:12-23; and 1 Chronicles 16:8-12. Guide my focus as You wish.

David’s Song of Praise. Also billed as David’s Psalm of Thanks (1 Chronicles) is the basis for the Psalty song my heart is still singing.

♪Be thankful for all He has done, Be thankful from the bottom of your heart. Be thankful, come on everyone, ‘Cause Jesus is good to you… Yes, Jesus is good to me! I’m thankful for the night and the day. I’m thankful when I go to bed and pray. I’m thankful ‘cause I learned to obey. Yes, Jesus is good to me!♪

Oh, how very thankful/grateful I truly am. There is a tide turning around. Six months of illness is definitely waning. Thank You Father. Thank You for all we have been learning throughout the entire process.

Thank You that The Life Recovery Bible comment tells us, “16:8-13 In times of victory or defeat, recovery or relapse, God remains the same. Our response to Him in all circumstances should include thanksgiving and praise.” I confess the various times this to be so much easier than others.

“There is never an inappropriate time to seek God; indeed verse 11 enjoins us to ‘keep on searching’ for His strength. This imperative must be observed by each of us in recovery.”

In recovery. That is absolutely our present state. And we are definitely seeking Your strength. Thank You for Your all-knowing provision of our every, single need.

The comment is Isaiah also fits us perfectly. “51:12-23 God is in control of our life, yet we don’t fear Him as we should. Instead we fear people - people who don’t really have authority over us. We are tempted to retreat from God’s ways and lapse back into dysfunctional patterns, just to please others. We should strive to please God because He has the power to bless us for seeking His will or to discipline us for disobeying.”

Yes. This is us. Seeking Your will. Asking that You would truly ‘bless and keep us; make Your face shine on us and be gracious to us; turn Your face toward us and give us Your peace’ (Numbers 6:24-26).

Oh Yes, most blessed Father! Thank You for singing to me this morning. Thank You for reminding us that ♪Jesus is good to me!♪

Use us this day exactly as You wish. With our whole hearts, souls, minds and strength. We love You. We thank You. And we long to serve You. As YOU wish! Thank You. Amen.
(549 words ~ 8:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment