Friday, May 11, 2018

"Wake up!"


Friday, May 11, 2018 (6:21 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Good morning. I’m off to a sleepy start this morning. It feels like every single fiber of my being is slowed.
(7:58 a.m.)

Mm. Thank You Father that I get to sit here and read deep into Your Word, even about this. Sleepy. Slowed. Some verses I’ve never explored. Ezekiel 23:5-8, The Adultery of Two Sisters. 1 Samuel 14:36, Saul’s Foolish Oath and the priest advising, “Let’s ask God first.”

Oh, but it’s David’s confidence in Your faithfulness that indeed wakes me up this morning! Complete with a smile on my face and lightness in my heart and my soul.

Thank You Father. Thank You that I get to sit here. Reading. Hoping. Thinking. Asking. Yes asking that I would echo David’s words (Psalm 57:7-8; 108:1-2).

“I’m ready, God, so ready, ready from head to toe. Ready to sing, ready to raise a God-song: ‘Wake up, soul! Wake up, harp! Wake up, lute! Wake up, you sleepyhead sun!’” (The Message).

The Life Recovery Bible comments remind us of the importance of sharing our thankful, grateful hearts with God and others. Letting “our joy spill out as a message of hope”. Mm, yes, Father.

Even as I began the day so sleepily and slowly, I am fully aware that my heart truly IS filled with joy. Thank You Father. Use me this day as only You can. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(252 words ~ 8:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment