Thursday, May 3, 2018

encompassed


Thursday, May 3, 2018 (6:34 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for Who and ALL You are. We don’t even begin to know what that encompasses.
(7:00 a.m.)

Most Holy, Perfect God, even when I speak these superlatives of and to You, I recognize that I come nowhere near understanding what I am saying.

Thank You that we have Your Word at ready access. We get to read of Your love. Jesus. Your plan. Our failings. And what it is to put our hope and trust in You.

Father, thank You. Thank You for all I do not understand. And for the faith and hope to learn more.
(8:06 a.m.)

So many verses. Warnings. Instructions. Encouragements. I honestly don’t know where to begin.
(8:18 a.m.)

And here is the smile. The joy. The peace. The patience. The deep, cleansing breath. The hope…

Psalm 119:96.

The Voice, “I have seen the limit of all perfection, but Your commands are all-encompassing.”

Contemporary English Version, “Nothing is completely perfect, except Your teachings.”

The Passion Translation, “I’ve learned that there is nothing perfect in this imperfect world except Your words, for they bring such fantastic freedom into my life!”

Oh, yes! Amen. Amen. Amen!

Father use Your all-encompassing teachings to bring such fantastic freedom into my life this day. You have continued in delightfully surprising me. Make me ever more aware and willing to share.

Yes Father, that IS my prayer for this day. Make me aware and willing to share. I confess to having been moody and self-absorbed. Change that as only You can.

I love You. Thank You for encompassing me in You. In Your Word. In Your Truth. And in Your promises. I love You. Use me. Thank You. Amen.

(303 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment