Tuesday, May 1, 2018

glorified ~ 4/30/18


Monday, April 30, 2018 (6:31 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You. I have a question that only You can answer. How do I live this day so that You are glorified through me?

Underneath all the chatter that goes on in my head at almost any given moment of the day or night, I “heard” You speak to me. Either in my heart or my thinking, more with a sense than actual words. As I began a list of failings to justify my giving up and going out to “eat worms”, I knew You to be asking if my goal in all of this was to glorify You.

Ouch! Reality hurts. Attempting to look good to others has by far been my motivating factor. Glorifying You? Not so much.

You can change that in me Precious Lord. I know You can. I’ve seen Your work. I’m reading Your Book!

Thank You. As I read Paul’s words to the believers in Philippi, I am encouraged.

Paul wrote of his eager expectation and hope of having no reason to be ashamed. He anticipated the courage and sufficient boldness to continue speaking “about Jesus, that now and forever the Anointed One will be glorified and placed above all else through this body” of his whether he lived or died (Philippians 1:20, THE VOICE).

Oh yes dearest Lord. Be glorified. In my heart. And my soul. My mind. And my strength (Mark 12:30). This day. As only You know is best. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment