Wednesday, May 2, 2018

giving God the glory


Wednesday, May 2, 2018 (6:06 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Tell me please, what exactly is it to give You glory? I’ve been singing ♪So rise and shine and give God the glory, glory♪ much of this morning and most of yesterday.
(7:05 a.m.)

It never ceases to give me a smile. And remind me that I am indeed one of the ♪children of the Lord♪ Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit.

I don’t pretend to understand all I am reading this morning. I admit to drawing my own conclusions as I find my foot tapping and head nodding with excitement.

Isaiah 60:19, 61:3. Romans 15:9, quoting Psalm 18:49. Ephesians 1:12, 3:19-20. These last two verses being part of Paul’s Prayer for Spiritual Empowering. Mm, yes Father!

“May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now glory Be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope” (Ephesians 3:19-20).

Experience Christ’s love. Never understand it. Being filled with fullness of life and power - that comes from God! Glory be to You. Your mighty power at work within us. You are able.

My mind starts to ignite in understanding of these Truths. Then settles down into a quiet longing for “infinitely more than we could ever dare to ask or hope.”

And here is another smile. I love it when that happens. Thank You Father.

The Life Recovery Bible comment (3:14-21) for churches or small groups “must be driven by God’s dynamic and unlimited love. Paul prayed that his friends might be deeply anchored and rooted in the soil of God’s love.”

I read Your Truth and hope explodes in my heart! “As we learn how much God loves us, we will become confident that He is able to do far more in and through us than we could ever imagine!”

It’s all so true. I may never fully understand what it is to truly give You the glory, but that won’t stop me from trying!

I love You Father. I thank and praise You. I ask that You would genuinely be glorified through me this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(411 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment