Monday, May 28, 2018

joyful peace


Memorial Day Monday, May 28, 2018 (6:00 a.m.)
Holy God,

I love You. I honestly can’t think of what else to say. I love You. My head feels funny. I don’t feel right. And I love You.

I’d much rather focus on I love You. And with that I’m going to lie down for a minute.
(8:01 a.m.)
Several minutes actually.

Thank You Father. Sleep happened. I still feel funny. And I still love You. Thank You.

What direction shall our time together take?

Mm, yes. Direction. Guidance. Way. Instruction. Blessed God, I look to You.

Sitting here. Rested. Feeling somewhat odd, yet peaceful. The smile on my face denotes joy in my heart.

Looking to You for guidance leads me straight to Psalm 119:73-77. Thank You Father. Thank You for peace that opens me up to joy.

“You made me; You created me. Now give me the sense to follow Your commands. May all who fear You find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in Your Word. I know, O LORD, that Your decisions are fair; You disciplined me because I needed it. Now let Your unfailing love comfort me, just as You promised me, Your servant. Surround me with Your tender mercies so I may live, for Your law is my delight.”

It’s true Father! It’s so very true! Oh and look here… Illustrated Bible Handbook says, “…The Word of God, and its impact in the life of the believer, is the subject of this great work of poetry.” Yes! It is!

Thank You Father. That You for eagerness with which to approach You. Your Word. Life! A quickening in my heart is giving way to truly feeling agog [excited and eager to tell; en ‘in’ gogue ‘fun’]. Thank You Father.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for this section of Scripture encourages me to want more of Your Truth. “As we obey God’s revealed commands, people will begin to see the changes in our life and praise God. All of God’s work - even His discipline - is done because of His goodness and faithfulness. God wants us to live joyfully. We need to seek God’s will and do our best, with His help, to follow it. As God transforms us, we will become a living testimony of God’s power to transform broken lives.”

Oh, Father. Make it so! It IS because of Your goodness and faithfulness that I get to experience any resemblance of peace and joy. Thank You Father. Use me this day. To Your good and to Your glory.

I love You so very much. Thank You. Amen.
(434 words ~ 8:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment