Wednesday, May 23, 2018

God's agape love


Wednesday, May 23, 2018 (6:41 a.m.)
Holy, Blessed God,

I love You. I thank You. I ask You.
(7:23 a.m.)

Yes Father, I am asking You to teach me more of Your agape love.

The more I search, the more I find. The more I find, the more I read. The more I read, the hungrier I get to know more.

Mm, yes. Father I am hungry, eager, itching to know more of how to love as You command us to love. In obedience to Your design.

Most dear and Blessed God, thank You for the desire to know You and Your agape love. Not just to know of it, but to put it into practice.

As we prepare to go out into our day, Father I ask You to continue firming up Your Truth in me. Attempting to devour the various versions of 2 John 1:6, I settle on the Christian Standard Bible.

“This is love: that we walk according to His commands. This is the command as you have heard it from the beginning: that you walk in love.”

To do this I must know Your command. Which is to love as You would have us love. Obediently. Selflessly. Forgivingly. All foreign to the world’s way of loving.

Continue Your work in teaching me Father. I long to love as You would have me love. Make it so Dear Father. Make it so.

I love You. I thank You. Use me. Amen.
(248 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment