Wednesday, May 9, 2018

searching and seeking


Wednesday, May 9, 2018 (7:00 a.m.)
Beloved, Blessed, Holy Father God,

Thank You. I am here asking Your blessings on some much loved ones. Challenges are no surprise to You. Thank You that nothing shocks nor stuns You. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the peace that comes into my being as I focus on searching Your Word and seeking Your face. You continue to amaze me. Thank You God.

Thank You that I get to know You as our refuge and strength (Psalm 46:1). Because of Who and All You are, we do not fear (v. 2). We look to You. We trust and believe You and Your Word.

Most Holy God, You have been working in me. Creating a clean heart. Renewing a right spirit (Psalm 51:10). Here I ask that You would use all that You are doing in and with, by, through and for me to Your good and to Your glory.

The changes You are making are subtle and somewhat startling. Continue as You know is best.

Tying our time together now with the verses I considered yesterday I ask You to keep working deeply within. Because “not even the angels in heaven or the Son Himself” (Mark 12:32) knows when the heaven and earth will disappear (v. 31) Your Word tells us to “stay alert and keep watch” (33).

Reading in 1 Thessalonians 5, I ask You to keep me on guard. Not asleep. Alert. And sober (v. 6).

Paul wrote to the believers in Thessalonica commending for their trust in You. Encouraging them to continue trusting. And assuring them of Christ’s return. He went on urging them to “encourage each other and build each other up” (v. 11).

Paul’s Final Advice and Final Greetings to the Thessalonians never cease to quicken my heart and encourage my soul. Thank You Father for the privilege of searching Your Word and ‘seeking the LORD while he can be found, calling on Him while He is near” (Isaiah 55:6).

Mm, and one verse further. Nope. Take it to the end of the chapter. Verses 7-13 are filled with hope. Ending with this Truth, “This miracle will bring great honor to the LORD’s name; it will be an everlasting sign of His power and love.”

And that is exactly what I came before You searching and seeking this morning. Your power and Your love. Mm. Yes! Thank You, Father.

Use me this day EXACTLY as You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(421 words ~ 8:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment