Tuesday, May 29, 2018

"the Spirit of Truth"


Tuesday, May 29, 2018 (6:50 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

We have much to do. Places to go. People to see. And I want to follow You through all of it.

There are lists reminding us to dot our i’s and cross our t’s. Father, I am asking that You guide us.

Mm… and with that I am reading Jesus’ words about the Holy Spirit (John 16:13). Referred to as “the Friend”, “the Spirit of Truth”, “God’s presence at work in the world”, “the Helper”.

We are not alone in this world. You will never leave us nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6, Hebrews 13:5). And just like usual, the more I read the more excited [agog] with You I become.

There are Jesus’ words of hope and promises to His disciples. Oh, and look at this! The Gutierrez Bros. sang of this very thing twelve years ago. It’s noted in my Bible at the end of verse eight in Deuteronomy 31.

Complete with music notes, although I don’t remember the tune, ♪The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged♪

This reminds me of the song I often sing from Proverbs 3:5-6. ♪Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path♪

That’s me Dear Lord. Here. Acknowledging You. Seeking Your direction. Asking that You will lead us this day that we will indeed follow.

Mm, we love You. We long to serve You. And we ask that You make it so Dear Lord. Make it so.

Thank You Father. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(298 words ~ 7:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment