Friday, May 25, 2018

options


Friday, May 25, 2018 (5:02 a.m.)

It’s been a very early morning God. We’ve been talking and trying to go back to sleep for hours. Thank You that we have so many options.

(5:44 a.m.)

Mm, yes Father. Talk with me this morning about options will You?

(6:19 a.m.)
Yes, God. Options.

Three sections in The Message pique my interest. Proverbs 19:21; Matthew 10:21-23 and James 1:5-8. Guide me in the direction You would have me take this morning.

James offers words of Truth, encouragement and caution to his readers. “If you don’t know what you are doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get His help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who ‘worry their prayers’ are like wind-whipped waves. Don’t think you’re going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open” (James 1:5-8).

You are my option Father! I can believe You. Take You at Your Word. And I often do. Work in me that I would truly become bold. Believing. Without a second thought.

Proverbs 3:5-6 immediately comes to mind. ‘Trust in the LORD with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding; In all my ways acknowledge You, and You will direct my paths.’ I depend on this Father. I depend on You!

Proverbs 19:21, “We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but GOD’s purpose prevails.” Holy God how I ask that Your purpose prevail for, with, by, in and through us this day. 

Loving You is an option with many. For me it is an absolute necessity. Use me as only You know is best.

While I am drawn to the power of Matthew’s words to his readers, I confess to feeling a question mark above my head. “When people realize it is the living God you are presenting and not some idol that makes them feel good, they are going to turn on you, even people in your own family. There is a great irony here: proclaiming so much love, experiencing so much hate! But don’t quit. Don’t cave in. It is all well worth it in the end. It is not success you are after in such times but survival. Be survivors! Before You’ve run out of options, the Son of Man will have arrived” (Matthew 10:21-23).

Holy God, continue Your work in making me a survivor. One who does not quit nor cave in.

I love You. I thank You. I long to serve You. And I ask You, Make it so Dear Lord. Make it so.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(464 words ~ 7:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment