Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Jesus' perfect joy


Wednesday, May 16, 2018 (6:27 a.m.)
Hi God, 

Something’s off. I don’t quite know what. I’m looking to You first. Asking that You would align my thinking with whatever joy You have for me to discover this day.

Yes. Joy.
(7:47 a.m.)

Scouring Your Word, I look for the nugget of Truth I would take with me. Reading about the joy of the LORD being the Jewish exiles strength (Nehemiah 8:10) makes me wonder all the more.

Turning over to the book of John, I read again of Jesus being the True Vine (John 15). Chapter 16 tells us about The Work of the Holy Spirit and Sadness Will Be Turned to Joy. This morning finds me settling in on The Prayer of Jesus (Chapter 17).

Jesus spoke of His followers being filled with His joy (v. 13). It’s verse 15 that offers me so much hope this morning. “I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.” Yes please. Keep me safe.

My mind keeps focusing on all of the things I have not done these last few days instead of what has been accomplished. Unhealthy view. Much too hard on myself. Phrases that are used to describe me more often than not.

The smile that keeps coming to my heart and my face again stems from Jesus’ prayer. “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me because of their testimony” (v. 20). Mm. Yes. Jesus prayed for me.

Thank You God. Thank You that reading The Life Recovery Bible comment for this chapter gives me hope and helps me smile. “…Jesus intercedes with God the Father on our behalf, bringing our needs and requests continually before God. He prays that we would know His perfect joy, be protected from all evil, grow in truth and holiness, and show love toward all people…” Oh yes please Dearest Father.

Know Jesus’ perfect joy, be protected from all evil, grow in Truth and holiness, and show love toward all people. Make it so Blessed God. Make it so.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(370 words ~ (8:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment