Monday, May 14, 2018

cannot resist


Monday, May 14, 2018 (7:44 a.m.)
Holy God, 

Thank You. I don’t seem to have much more than that. Am I resisting?

And here comes the smile. Yes. Father, thank You.

Antonyms for resist are: give in to, yield to, submit to, welcome, accept. Mm. And this phrase…cannot resist: LOVE, adore, relish, have a weakness for, be very keen on, like, delight in, enjoy, take great pleasure in; informal be mad about, get a kick/thrill out of, cannot help wanting.

Yep! These are all descriptions of what comes naturally when we still ourselves enough to focus back on You. Thank You Father.

Considering the importance of delighting in and enjoying You, I turn to Psalm 37:4. “Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your heart’s desires.” Long inhale. Deep exhale. Lots of thought.

Asking myself, “what is my heart’s desire?” I look again to You.

Blessed Holy God, as I lean in to being delighted and happy with You I truly ask You to take hold of my desires and actions this day. Guide me. Lead me. Change me. Exactly as You know is best.

I cannot resist Your goodness. Nor do I wish to. Thank You for Your love. Your presence. Your instructions. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(218 words ~ 9:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment