Saturday, May 12, 2018

cleansing and freedom


Saturday, May 12, 2018 (8:32 a.m.)
Holy God,

Strange dreams. SUCH strange dreams! Father, I am looking to You to shake off the lingering effect. Thank You that we get to come before You asking even this.
(9:12 a.m.)

Mm, thank You Lord. Thank You that I get to look to You. Ask You to change my focus. And You do. Reading in Your Word, I continue flipping between what You said to Moses, Zechariah, and Micah.

Breathing in deeply, I ask You Father to truly teach me to “Judge fairly and honestly, and show mercy and kindness to one another” (Zechariah 7:9).

Throughout the book of Leviticus You told Moses to tell the Israelites many things. The Life Recovery Bible’s THE BOTTOM LINE tells us it was to show Your desire to have personal fellowship with those who turn to You. “Only through the channels of worship and personal obedience to God can we fully experience the cleansing and freedom He offers.”

“Never seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD” (Leviticus 19:18). Oh that I would come to live this command Dearest God.

So here I am, still in the aftermath of such a strange and vivid dream, leaning heavily on Your Word. And here comes the faintest smile. The Life Recovery Bible’s THE BOTTOM LINE for Micah, “PURPOSE: To warn God’s people of the destructive consequence of disobedience and to offer peace to those willing to obey God’s revealed will.”

Holy God, how I thank You for Your Word. Your Truth. Your cleansing and freedom. International Children’s Bible tells us, “The Lord has told you what is good. He has told you what He wants from you: Do what is right to other people. Love being kind to others. And live humbly, trusting your God” (Micah 6:8).

Mm, yes Father. Do what is right to other people. Love being kind to others. Live humbly. Trust my God. Yes. Make it so Dear Lord.

I love You. I thank You. I ask You. Empower and enable me to do all that You wish. Thank You. Amen.
(365 words ~ 10:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment