Thursday, May 10, 2018

humility


Thursday, May 10, 2018 (6:49 a.m.)
Awesome, Blessed, Holy Father God,

I confess to You. I fell short last night. So far short. You call us to forgive. And I instead withheld.

Not only did I withhold forgiveness, but love, patience, kindness, understanding… Why? My feelings got hurt. I felt embarrassed. Then “Bam!” Up went the wall.

Thank You Father. Thank You for all You continue teaching us about Your will and Your way.

Even in the midst of feeling embarrassed I knew You to be calling me to humble myself. Let go of my pride. I confess to not obeying immediately. It took until very early in the morning. And again I say, “Thank You!”

Thank You that You forgive us. Readily. We repent and turn from our indifference (Revelation 3:19). And You lift us up ♪higher and higher♪. Thank You Father.

James 4:10 (New Living Translation), “When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on Him, He will lift you up and give you honor.”

Just look at how The Voice paints this very same verse, “Lay yourself bare, facedown to the ground, in humility before the Lord; and He will lift your head so you can stand tall.”

Mm, yes! Thank You Father. I knew I was to respond to all perceived slights through Your power and Your love. I couldn’t muster it on my own. Not until I was truly willing to humble myself. Thank You for softening my heart enough to make it willing to obey You.

Thank You that I also get to read Peter’s words to the Jewish Christians who were suffering for their faith; showing “us how to live in a shattered and hopeless world” (THE BOTTOM LINE The Life Recovery Bible).

“…And all of you, serve each other in humility, for ‘God sets Himself against the proud, but He shows favor to the humble.’ So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in His good time He will honor you. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you. Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour” (1 Peter 5:5b-8).

Your Word just goes on and on with Truth and warnings. The more I read, the more excited [AGOG] I become. Attempting to devour the eight references The Message has for humility, I actually heard myself think, “I can’t stand it! [in a GOOD way] There’s just SO much Truth!”

Oh, bless You Father. Thank You. Praise You. Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. In humility. Forgiveness. And Your love. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(459 words ~ 7:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment