Wednesday, April 10, 2024

responsible trust

 Wednesday, April 10, 2024 (6:03 a.m.)

Holy God,


This IS the day that You have made (Psalm 118:24a). Hours ago I had determined to “rejoice and be glad in it” (v. 24b). Complete with smiles and singing.


What a difference standing up makes. Lord, You know all the details behind this queasiness that continues ebbing and flowing. Thank You that I can even bring unsettledness to You.

(6:47 a.m.)


And in doing exactly that, I come across a Bible verse I thought of yesterday. Proverbs 16:9. “We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.” Thank You that You do.


With this truly being the case, I fully look to You Dear Lord. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) that You would completely guide and direct my interactions today.


I confess to You my tendency toward avoidance these past many weeks. In not wanting to be disappointed I have made few plans. Do all You must in putting me where You want me Lord.


Thank You for bringing me to The Life Recovery Bible comment for Proverbs 16:9. “It is important that we entrust the future to God, but we also need to make plans… Responsible trust in God means taking action to secure what we need in life, while letting God’s Word and His Spirit guide us in our preparations…”


Yes please Lord. While I can purposefully claim that I will rejoice and be glad, I need You to make that happen in, with, by, through and for me.


Depending on the power, promises and Truth of Your Word, I turn once more to Philippians 4:13. Responsibly trusting that “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”


Yes Father. Teach me more about responsible trust. In You.


Use me. Exactly as You know is best. Off balanced and all.


I love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(324 words ~ 7:21 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment