Friday, April 26, 2024

no bad days

 Friday, April 26, 2024 (6:43 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! Again You lead, guide and direct us. Our thinking. Our praying. Our sleeping [when it happens]. And our waking. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Oh yes. Thank You Dear God!


Thank You for calling to us. Teaching and reminding us that Yours is the perfect way (Psalm 18:30). Yes. Yes. Yes!


Blessed Father, I woke up playfully singing to You. ♪We had a bad night♪ to the tune of Daniel Powter’s Bad Day. Even thinking of it now brings a smile to my face. 


Thank You for teaching me to recognize Your power behind every smile that comes to me. Across my face. My heart. My soul. Even my mind. Giving me strength to carry on.


You’ve taught me through the years the importance of giving thanks to You in all things (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Thank You for the practice Lord.

(7:26 a.m.)


Searching the phrase “No Bad Days” I found [and ordered] a book with that title. Written by JT Jester. Showing readers, as expressed in its subtitle How to Find Joy in Any Circumstance “that there really are no bad days - only hard ones.” Thank You Father.


We had a hard night. Oh look. Now I’m singing a sixty year old Beatle’s song. ♪It’s been A Hard Day’s Night… I should be sleepin’ like a log♪ Thank You that we can bring the most unusual thoughts to You and Your Word.


“God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection. For who is God except the LORD? Who but our God is a solid rock? [♪on which we stand… All other ground is sinking sand♪] God arms me with strength, and He makes my way perfect. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights. He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow. You have given me your shield of victory. Your right hand supports me; Your help has made me great. You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping” (Psalm 18:30-36).


You do in, with, by, through and for us all that we can’t possibly accomplish on our own. Thank You that because of Your unfailing love (Psalm 143) we don’t have to depend on our own strength and power (Ephesians 6:10).


Illustrated Bible Handbook says of Psalm 18 “Shout out joy and love! David’s feelings when delivered from Saul and his other enemies. In graphic language David portrays God coming to aid His trusting servant.”


Mm, yes Father. I long to shout out joy and love! Even ESPECIALLY when ♪we’ve had a hard night♪ Thank You for loving us as only You are able. We love, need, trust and want You Lord. Use us exactly as You know is best. Thanking and praising You all the day long (2 Corinthians 1:3, Hebrews 10:22-24).


♪On Christ, The Solid Rock I stand; All other ground is sinking sand♪ Amen. And amen.

(508 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment