Friday, April 5, 2024

anticipation

 Friday, April 5, 2024 (7:24 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You. You are good. Great. Gracious. Glorious (Psalm 145:5-8). And I am grateful Lord.


Circumstances change. Thank You that You don’t!


Thank You for the privilege of bringing every possible emotion to You. Right now it’s anticipation. No. Moreover, it’s a lack thereof.


Yes Lord. I am currently at a loss. I know I have joy. There are smiles to prove it. Yet I’m also feeling conflicted. Warring internally with my own thoughts.


So here I’m confessing to You, much like I did the other day. Thoughts. Feelings. Unfavorable comparisons. Knowing, trusting, believing that Jesus truly is the Way, the Truth and the Life” (John 14:6).


Father God, I sit. Feelings of joy and contentment rising above those of fear and doubt. This is all You Lord. Thank You!

(8:15 a.m.)


You provide me this opportunity of searching and reading Your Word. Standing firm and staying my mind on Your Truth and promises. Trusting Paul’s letter of thanks and encouragement to the Philippian believers.


Yes Father. Thank You for Your work in us. Helping us want to do Your will. And enabling us to do what You want us to do. Without grumbling or making trouble (Philippians 2:13-14 Worldwide English NT).


Mm, yes Lord. You are able.

(8:50 a.m.)


Yes! “My God is able!” Let this become my overriding thought process. 


Thank You for taking my weakest words of thanks and building them into those of hopefulness and joy. “Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think” (Ephesians 3:20).


Talk about Your power in our anticipation. Oh! This just keeps getting better.


Thank You for yet another reminder. 2 Corinthians 12:9. Your grace and power working best in our weakness. Thank You Father.


Please take my fear and replace it with Your strength and power. Yes. I want to anticipate Your strength and power clearing out every sense of fear and doubt. Thank You Father.


I love, need, trust and want You. Use me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(367 words ~ 9:06 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment