Sunday, April 21, 2024

beyond the obvious

 Sunday, April 21, 2024 (5:27 a.m.)

Holy God,


You are good. I am glad. Life is strange. Different than I ever expected. My feelings get hurt over the seemingly smallest things. Thank You that You are so much bigger than every single issue I encounter in this life.


Thank You that I can find You when I look beyond the obvious. Yes Lord. I like the way You take my random thoughts and lead me into Your Word. Thanks Dad.


(7:03 a.m.)

Thank You God. Yes. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

(7:33 a.m.)

Yes, thank You Lord.


I want You. Your thoughts to overpower my own. Thank You for allowing/encouraging me to follow where You lead.


Right now? 2 Corinthians 10:5.

(7:42 a.m.)


And this time together with You just keeps getting better and better. Thank You God!


The Message. “The world is unprincipled. It’s dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn’t fight fair. But we don’t live or fight our battles that way - never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren’t for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.”


Yes Father! Build my life. Obediently into maturity.


I need You Lord. I love You. I trust and want You. You know Your best for us. Continue guiding my thoughts and steps. Far beyond the obvious.


Thank You that You do. Illustrated Bible Handbook. 2 CORINTHIANS “Chapter 10. Appeal, Not Command Meekness and Gentleness; 10:1-6… Paul is engaged in a spiritual warfare, so he can never rely on worldly methods. It requires divine power to demolish the inner strongholds and bring hearts and minds into an obedient relationship with the Lord.”


There’s that reference again. Obedience. To You. Keep capturing my fearful thoughts and bringing them to You for Your good. Your grace. Your glory. Your greatness (Psalm 145:5-8).


Thank You Father. Praise You Lord. Use me. Amen.

(383 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment