Friday, April 19, 2024

claiming trust

 Friday, April 19, 2024 (4:47 a.m.)

Most Dear and Awesome Father God,


I love You. I’m working hard to not be afraid. To stop avoiding unpleasantries by putting my head in the sand. I want very much to stand firmly on Your Word. Staying my mind on Your Truth and promises.


You are good. You know what You are doing in our lives. I depend on Your faithfulness. I say these things because I want desperately to believe them.


I started out yesterday by singing ♪You May Be Right♪ Thank You that You ARE Lord. You are right. I make mistakes. And You are right! In all You are and do.


Thank You that we have Your teachings to buoy us. Deuteronomy 32. The Song of Moses (31:30-32:47). Illustrated Bible Handbook “The song which Moses now teaches to Israel has an important purpose. It will serve as a testimony, and as a witness against the people (31:19)...”


Father, I read Your Word and hope. I claim trust in You over every fearful thought. Thank You Lord.


1 Peter 1:17-23 speaks Your Truth into my being. The Life Recovery Bible comment tells us that it’s impossible to earn Your favor and acceptance. Reminding us that we can’t measure up to Your standards on our own. “He [YOU] accepts our limitations, forgives our sins, seeks to help us learn from our mistakes, and helps us progress toward a more godly life.”


Moving back to Moses’ song, again I depend on Your Truth Dearest Lord. “Listen, O heavens, and I will speak! Hear, O earth, the words that I say! Let my teaching fall on you like rain; let my speech settle like dew. Let my words fall like rain on tender grass, like gentle showers on young plants” (Deuteronomy 32:1-2).


♪You may be right♪ echoes again. Thank You that You aren’t wrong. I get to choose to believe and trust You.


“I will proclaim the name of the LORD; how glorious is our God! He is the Rock; His deeds are perfect. Everything He does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright He is!” (vs. 3-4).


Father God, thank You for every single smile that comes to my face. Reminding me that in some way, shape or form I am trusting You.


“An important part of spiritual growth is learning to worship God. An important part of worship is praise. Moses takes time to praise God for who He is - glorious, strong, perfect, just and fair, faithful, upright. We also need to take time to rejoice in who God is and praise Him for His greatness. He is the Rock - our foundation for a stable life. His work in our life is perfect. We need to recognize God’s ability to help us and then allow Him to do His mighty work on our behalf” (32:3-4 comment).


Thank You for all the ways You get my attention back on Your Truth Blessed Father. Reading. Reflecting. Hoping. Praying. Trusting. Believing.


“As we go about the rebuilding process, we need to be assured of God’s protection and guidances. These verses (32:11-13) from Moses’ song should offer just the certainty we need. God will protect us as we seek recovery and guide us toward a life filled with joy and freedom” (TLRB comment).


Yes Lord. Your Word reminds me again that while I don’t know what tomorrow [or even today] holds, I DO know the One who holds it!


Thank You that I am able to claim trust in You. Wholehearted dependence on Your Word. You give power to the weak and strength to the powerless (Isaiah 40:29). I depend on this being true.


Thank You for loving and guiding us Dearest God. Continue Your work in our lives. We love, need, trust and want You as Lord (Philippians 2:11) over every single aspect of our lives. Use us as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(675 words ~ 6:47 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment