Monday, April 4, 2022

hiccups / ("see also") ~ 3/28/22

 Monday, March 28, 2022 (7:29 a.m.)

At Sea - cruising south to Cabo San Lucas ~ Day 2

Holy God,


We’ve got some hiccups Lord. Minor annoyances. Mere irritations. I’m asking You to empower and enable us in changing our attitudes.


You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. Generous. You deserve our praises. Not our grumbles.


We have 11 personalities all learning to travel together for the very first time. Thank You for this opportunity. Yes Lord, thank You!


Thank You for all You have provided us. Safety. Laughter. Family.


Father, I want to truly appreciate and fully enjoy this current set of circumstances. Minor annoyances, mere irritations and hiccups have no place in this equation. 


Continue giving me the grace You know I need to “accept with Serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.”


I confess to liking the work You are doing in us Lord. Changing us from the inside out. It’s challenging. And so rewarding.


Turning to Life Recovery TOPICAL INDEX to learn more about change, I find equally vital subjects instead. Each with a “see also” attached.


BOUNDARIES (see also Self-Protection). CARING (see Service). CELEBRATION (see also Enjoyment, Joy, Praise). CHARACTER DEFECTS (see also Sin). CHOICES (see also Freedom).


Each point worth discussing. Where would You have me begin?


Oh! With the expectations I had inadvertently placed on persons, places and things yesterday. Forgive me Lord. You’ve worked so hard these past months in reminding me to temper expectations into hopes.


Here I get to grow some more. Again. Thank You. Yes God. Truly. Thank You.


Turning to two very different SERENITY PRAYER DEVOTIONALS I smile deeply as I am reminded of Your tender care. Peter sinking in the water (Matthew 14:30) never ceases in reminding me to consider my own lack of faith (v. 31).


Reading in both Psalm 139:1-16 and Matthew 14:23-33 I rediscover the importance of having the courage to take just one small step toward change. Thank You God for the Truth and promises of Your Word.


Because we are ‘embraced and accepted by You Yourself - the steps we take toward change can become strides which grow faster and longer’ (Psalm 139 devotional).


Please Lord. Take the baby steps I’m willing to make and turn them into the strides You would have me take.


I love You. I need You. I want You. Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(426 words ~ 9:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment