Sunday, April 10, 2022

restoring hope

Thursday, April 7, 2022 (5:30 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m confessing ambivalence to You. Or is it really apathy? Indifference?


Mm. Being honest with You allows me the opportunity to learn more. Thank You Lord.


The title of a blog [Restored Hope] has me intrigued. Interested. Encouraged. Excited.


“As time passes and you struggle to resolve these opposing emotions, you might find that you do experience a form of apathy.  The indifference is a numbing response to exhaustion from the tension of trying to balance both sides at once.”


Hallelujah! How incredibly cool is this? The more I read the more heartened I become.


Blessed God, thank You for allowing us the privilege of coming before You exactly as we are. Doubts. Fears. Disappointments. All of it.


“As a Christian, ambivalence leads to greater intimacy with God.  So many Psalms contain ambivalence: lament, pain, and crying out to God; followed by reminders of the goodness of God and his character.  Often the Christian life involves suffering while also seeking to place hope in God.”


Along with the smiles I am currently experiencing comes the first song of the day. Thank You so much Dear Lord.


♪I don’t wanna abuse You grace God, I need it every day It’s the only thing that ever really Makes me wanna change… Your forgiveness Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips Like the sound of a symphony to my ears It’s like Holy Water on my skin♪


You are restoring hope to my hurting soul. Again I confess fear. Disappointment. Doubt. Thank You that You offer me faith. Hope. Love (1 Corinthians 13:13) in exchange. “And the greatest of these is love.”


Your love for us. Ours for You. Thank You Father.


Thank You for the love You’ve always provided (1 John 4:16-5:3). How I ask You to grow me in its execution (Ephesians 3:14-21).


You alone are good. Serving You is what I need and want (1 Peter 2:18-25). Teach me how Dearest God. I fall so far short.


Again sings the refrain ♪I don’t wanna abuse Your grace God, I need it every day It’s the only thing that ever really Makes me wanna change♪ Thank You Father.


Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Loving. Hoping. Serving. In, with, by, through and for the power of Your Word. James 3. The taming of my tongue (vs. 1-12). And the wisdom that comes from You (13-18).


Yes Father. Subdue and use me. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. I need You. I want You. Amen.

(439 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment