Friday, April 22, 2022

Waiting.

 Thursday, April 21, 2022 (7:01 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


I love You. Thank You that I get to say that to You so readily. And easily.


Teach me more about that will You? I want to love You better. More.


Thank You for the honor and privilege of sitting at Your feet. Waiting.


Yes. Waiting. It’s the word I used to best describe myself yesterday.


Along with continuing to feel a deep sadness, I know that I am waiting. Waiting for You to change me. How long, O Lord?


Psalm 13:1; 27:14; 31:24; 46:7-11; 51:10

Isaiah 40:31


♪Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord

(9:45 a.m.)


Blessed God, let me practice what I preach right now. Often suggesting to others a 5 minute write.

(9:53 a.m.)


And I’m back. Acknowledging a funk. And fear. Of people, places and things.


Wanting to not be disappointed. Afraid to hope. Because, “what if the bottom falls out?”


Unwilling to move. Staying stuck. Spending all this time in my head.


Free me Father I plead. I want to be the woman You created me to be. Wonderfully complex (Psalm 139:14). Unashamed. And unapologetic for taking up space and breath.


You alone are good Blessed God. I come nowhere close. But I am made in Your image (Genesis 1:27). Hallelujah! Thank You Jesus.


I get to turn to Your Word. Be reminded of all You came to do (John 3:17). Save us. Not condemn us.


Thank You for the privilege of being reminded (Life Recovery Bible comment) John “3:16-18… True faith has nothing to do with our human efforts… True faith says to God, ‘I’m a helpless sinner, unable to effect my own recovery. I trust Your forgiveness, which You freely offer me in Jesus Christ.’ This faith… empowers us to make changes in the present that will plant the seeds for a new life.”


Yes Jesus! Empower me please. Lift me out of this pit of despair (Psalm 40:2) I have fallen into. Yes! Psalm 40! 


No comments:

Post a Comment