Friday, April 22, 2022

equal opportunity

 Wednesday, April 20, 2022 (7:37 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. You are good. Always. I am not. I try. I want to be. And I fail. Often. Miserably.


Thank You that I get to come before You. Exactly as I am. With all my shame. And blame. Fears. Regrets. Wants. Needs. Knowing. Trusting. Believing You to be our equal opportunity God.


You make Your sun rise on the evil and on the good, sending rain on the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:45). And I get to hope in Your goodness. Thank You.


“When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners” (Romans 5:6). How blessed we truly are.


Thank You Father. Praise You Jesus. ‘While no one is likely to die for a good person, someone might be willing to die for a person who is especially good’ (v. 7).


“But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners” (8). Equal opportunity at Your best!


Father, I ask You to forgive my blasé approach to You these past many days. Illustrated Bible Handbook refers to the first eleven verses of Romans fifth chapter as Justification for all. Justify me Dear Lord.


Change me as only You are able. Using Your Holy Spirit in, with, by, through and for me as You know is best. I can’t. You can. I’ll let You make me into the woman You would have me be. Obedient to Your call to love You, others and myself (Mark 12:30-31).


Thank You. Praise You. I love You. I need You. I want You. Amen.


(280 words ~ 9:07 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment