Monday, April 4, 2022

misplaced priorities

 Saturday, April 2, 2022 (Ship’s time 8:39 a.m.) 

At Sea - heading north to Los Angeles, CA ~ Day 7

Holy God,


I was wrong. I made mistakes. Please forgive me.


I want to make better choices. Use the time wisely and well. Glorify, thank and praise You. I don’t think I have been.


♪To God be the glory great things He has done So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,

(9:26 a.m.)


♪who yielded His life an atonement for sin, and opened the life-gate that all may go in♪


What would that even look like Lord? Loving us that much.


I confess my emotions are all over the place this trip. More people in our party. Unresolved issues lying just below the surface of niceness.


Yes Lord. That’s what seems to be happening. Every one working really hard to play nice with one another.


I’m looking back to You Dear Lord. Where I should have been looking this whole time. To You. At You. Forgive me again I pray. I have definitely made mistakes.


Where did my desire to glorify You turn more toward looking out for myself  and all the others? My mind, brain, thoughts keep churning away. Tossed much like the sea on which we are currently cruising.


Put my focus back on You Dear Lord.


I started singing ♪Out of my Hands and into Yours♪ the other day. And then I took it all right back into my own.


Yesterday there were moments with asking You to ♪Build My Life upon Your love It is a firm foundation♪ Oh! Look! Here’s the most important part. ♪I will put my trust in You alone And I will not be shaken♪


That’s another clue to my misplaced priorities. Where have I been putting my trust? In You? Alone? First and foremost? I think not. Again I say, “Forgive me Lord.”


Immediately begins the CHORUS reminding me ♪Holy, there is no one like You There is none beside You Open up my eyes in wonder Show me Who You are And fill me with Your heart And lead me in Your love to those around me♪


Tears in my heart as I confess I want to love You and others better than I have been (Philippians 1:9). NOT in my power! But Yours!


Here’s a smile I’ve long missed as again I sing ♪Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, Let the earth hear His voice! Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the people rejoice!♪


‘Great things You have taught us, great things You have done And great our rejoicing through Jesus Your Son.’ Let me not lose sight of this today Dear Lord.


It is to You I want to live this day. In You. With You. By You. Through You. And for You.


♪God I’m on my knees again God, I’m begging please again I need You Oh, I need You…Your forgiveness Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips Like the sound of a symphony to my ears Like Holy Water on my skin I don’t wanna abuse Your grace God, I need it every day It’s the only thing that ever really makes me wanna change♪


Your grace Dear Lord. Your forgiving grace. Keep me right there with You I pray. All day.


I love You. I need You. I want You. I ask You. I thank and I praise You. Use me as only You know is best. Amen.

(577 words ~ 10:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment