Friday, April 22, 2022

neediness

 Friday, April 22, 2022 (7:07 a.m.)

Holy, Holy God,


I used the words slipping and sliding yesterday. [♪Slip Slidin' Away♪] Thank You that they helped me again realize my need for the Truth and promises found in Your precious Word.


Lord, there is such need in the world. Thank You for once more reminding me of my neediness.


You would have me come before You. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. Without pretense. And there it is!


I have been pretending. Trying. And at the very same time, unwilling. Closed off. Thank You Lord that You know our every need.


Turning again to Psalm 40 and Joshua 1:1-9 I notice the most genuine smile I’ve experienced in such a long while. Internally and well as externally. Dread and doubt are finally giving way to hope.


Thank You. Praise You Lord! I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You to use me this day exactly as You know is best.


Work in, with, by, through and for me that I will come back to singing. Smiling. Standing firm on Your Word. Staying my mind on Your Truth and promises.


Yes Father. I want to follow Your command to Joshua (1:9). “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD Your God is with you wherever you go.”


Empower me in adhering to the RECOVERY THEMES listed in The Life Recovery Bible. Recovery Is Ongoing. The Conflict with Evil. Obedience Is Ongoing. The Importance of Communication.


Oh God yes! Deliver me from evil! Enable me in fully trusting You to lead and guide me. I want to be obedient to Your teachings. And to improve communicating with You, others and myself.


Teach me Father. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.

(298 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment