Sunday, April 24, 2022

Pure and simple.

 Saturday, April 23, 2022 (6:27 a.m.)

Most Blessed, Holy God,


I love You. Pure and simple. Yes, Lord! That’s how I want to love You. Purely and simply.


I confess. I complicate things. Work in me I ask. With, through, by and for me. My hope truly is in You.

(6:53 a.m.)


Father, thank You that there is so much to read, practice and learn about loving You. Examples recorded in Your Word allow me to know I am not alone in my wishy-washy struggle to love You as I want. Fully. Completely. Wholly.


Oh there’s the reminding word [wholly]. I recognized yesterday the brokenness I’m again feeling. Aware of broken hopes and dreams. Relationships. Communications.


It’s that overall brokenness that keeps me from being willing to hope again. To allow You to get my hopes up.


And right here is another deeply seeded stumbling block to hope. Having been told as a child not to get them [hopes] up. How I ask You Lord to counter the lies of the world with the Truth of Your Word.


I need You. I want You. And all the hope and joy You came to bring to this desperate, hurting, broken world.


Do all You must. In me. With me. By me. Through me. For me. I accept the hope You offer. The struggle I’m experiencing is real! And You are so much bigger and stronger than all my striving.


I love You Lord. I want it to be pure and simple. Right now it’s still adulterated and convoluted. You can change all that. My hope truly is in You. Your strength. Your power.


Lead me back into the light of Your presence. That I will follow You. Honestly, Openly. Willingly. Thank You for being the good, good Father You are. Amen.


(304 words ~ 7:26 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment