Thursday, April 14, 2022

Who? You!

Thursday, April 14, 2022 (5:27 a.m.)

Awesome God,


Thank You! You blessed me with another reminder of Your presence sometime during the night. The first note and word of ♪This Is Amazing Grace♪ comforted me every time I thought about it.


♪Who breaks the power of sin and darkness? Whose love is mighty and so much stronger? The King of Glory, the King above all kings Who shakes the whole earth with holy thunder And leaves us breathless in awe and wonder? The King of Glory, the King above all kings♪


Not remembering all the lyrics, I was thrilled to consider You immediately after the very first query. Following the melody all the way to the chorus, I was completely in awe of Your company.


♪This is amazing grace This is unfailing love That You would take my place That You would bear my cross You laid down Your life That I would be set free Oh, Jesus, I sing for All that You’ve done for me♪


I confess to You Dearest Lord, I have taken for granted Your sacrifice on our behalf for so many years. Never intentionally. No. Carelessly. Forgive me Jesus.


♪You laid down Your life That I would be set free Oh, Jesus, I sing for All that You’ve done for me♪


Thank You for every smile I experience. Every opportunity to be reminded of Your love for each of us.


♪Who brings our chaos back into order? Who makes the orphan a son and daughter? The King of Glory♪


I’m asking You to lead and guide me this day. Just like You did during the night. Through all the nooks and crannies of my thinking. I have a huge project I want to undertake. And my commitment level to it is low.


The Living Bible refers to Your grace as “His wonderful kindness to us and His favor that He has poured out upon us because we belong to His dearly loved Son” (Ephesians 1:6). I want to use that favor and wonderful kindness well this day.


Envelop me in, with, by, through and for it all day long I ask (Matthew 7:7). Go before, behind, beside, beneath and above me. Keeping my mind, heart and soul searching for Your righteousness, not my own (Philippians 3:9).


I love You. I need You. I want You. Use me exactly as You know is best and necessary. Make me obedient to Your leading.


♪Who rules the nations with Truth and justice? Shines like the sun in all its brilliance The King of Glory, the King above all kings♪ Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(439 words ~ 6:45 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment