Wednesday, April 13, 2022

truer words

 Wednesday, April 13, 2022 (6:38 a.m.)

♪Thank You for being a Friend!


♪Traveled down the road and back again Your heart is true You’re a Pal and a Confidant♪ Very first song of the morning. Truer words were never spoken are often sung.


Mm, Father. Thank You! I thought this time with You was going to be all about the song. And my realization of how perfectly the lyrics line up with my playful understanding of Your attributes.


Thank You that You have better plans! ‘Your ways are far beyond anything I can imagine’ (Isaiah 55:8-9). I am grateful that they are.


Turning to Exodus (33:18-34:8) and reading of Moses seeing Your glory. Again I thank You Lord. For being my Friend!


The Life Recovery Bible’s comments for this section have me smiling. Often. Moses wanted to experience more of Your comforting presence and to see Your glory. Don’t we all?


“A clear vision of God [♪traveled down the road and back again♪] is important for all of us to have. As we see Him more clearly, we are better able to understand our own strengths and limitations.”


[♪And if You threw a party Invited everyone You knew You would see the biggest gift would be from me  And the card attached would say, “Thank You for being a Friend”♪]


“In spite of the horrible sin that the people of Israel had committed in making the gold calf (see 32:1-35), God was willing to give them another chance to commit themselves to Him and obey His covenant… Our failures can never be so great that God will not forgive us.”


Why? Because You really, truly are our Friend (John 15:15).


Use me this day. As only You know is best.


I love You. I need You. I want You. Thank You for these truer words. Amen.


(314 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment