Thursday, April 28, 2022

♪Turn Around, Look At Me♪

 Thursday, April 28, 2022 (5:15 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You! And “WOW!” I am feeling especially blessed and cared for at this very moment.


♪Turn Around, Look At Me♪ started singing to me hours ago. Immediately recognizing it I quickly associated it with You calling out to me. Sensing Your direction, I open Your Word to Revelation 3:19.


Thank You Father. The peace I’m experiencing as I read The Life Recovery Bible’s devotional entitled Love sends me straight over to the Truth of Philippians 4:4-9.


And just like that [snap!]. Another song. One I don’t even know. ♪I Want to Say Thank You, Thank You♪ Mm, yes! Thank You!


You are changing me. Helping me see mistakes. Reminding me to “stay in my lane.” I confess to wanting to be in charge of so many things I have no business being involved with. Thank You for prompting me to turn around and look to You.


Jesus’ revelation to John dictates, “I am the One who corrects and disciplines everyone I love. Be diligent and turn from Your indifference.” How grateful I am to be one You love. Thank You Jesus.


As I consider the love You would have us share, I am again reminded of my need for staying connected to the source of true love. I said it to myself many times yesterday, “I can’t give what I don’t have.”


Blessed Lord, I want so much to offer to others the love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and strength of Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a) You provide. The only way for me to do this is to abide in You (John 15:4).


Thank You for calling me to turn around and look to You to lead and guide me. I want to let You love me as You know is best. That I will then be able to love others as You would have me.


Yes Father. I want to live for You. In You. With You. By You. Through You. Continue Your work in teaching me how to do that.


Matthew 7:18-20 tells us “A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. So every tree that does not produce good fruit is chopped down and thrown into the fire. Yes, the way to identify a tree or a person is by the kind of fruit that is produced.”


I want to produce good fruit dearest Lord. Fixing my “thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think[ing] about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think[ing] about things that are excellent and worthy of praise” (Philippians 4:8).


It’s when I practice Your Truth; ‘not worrying about anything, but praying about everything, with thankful heart offering up prayers and requests to You’ that I get to experience Your peace. ‘Because I belong to Christ Jesus, You will bless me with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way I think and feel’ (Philippians 4:6-7).


Yes Dear God. That is how I want to live this day. Turning around. Looking at You. Trusting. Believing. Hoping. Praying. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Thinking, saying, doing, being all that only You know is best.


I love You. I need You. I want You. Empower and enable me in living this day as You would have me. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. Making ‘every effort to apply the benefits of Your promises to my life. That my faith will produce a life of moral excellence which leads to knowing You better. Knowing You leads to self control which leads to patient endurance which leads to godliness with love for other Christians and finally grows to genuine love for everyone’ (2 Peter 1:5-8).


Yes! Your genuine love for everyone. Make it so Blessed Lord. Make it so. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(654 words ~ (7:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment