Sunday, April 24, 2022

3:19

 Sunday, April 24, 2022 (6:00 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You! Singing [♪Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord♪]. Scripture [John 3:19, Proverbs 31:25]. Hope. Desire. Faith. Trust. All good words.


I confess the fear I have allowed to overshadow my faith in You Dearest Lord. Looking out at the world with dismay and disdain. Forgive me Father.


You so loved this world (John 3:16) that You created (Genesis 1:1). How much do I resemble Adam and Eve in their attempt to hide their disobedient sin from You (Genesis 3:8)?


How I thank You for this most current struggle Dearest Lord. My own attempts to fight my way out of this self imposed paper bag have proved futile. And I get to come again to the need of the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).


Turning in Your Word, I recognize myself. Repeatedly. Fearful. Hopeful. Back and forth. I want Your Truth to reign supreme in me this day.


Waking this morning at 3:19 I immediately related it to the Book of John. Wondering what Truth I might ultimately find there. How grateful I am for the perfection in which You work.


Having spoken with You at great lengths about the darkness of this world, again I am thankful for the hope You provide in the most unexpected ways. Right now through Paul’s letter to the Romans (15:13).


“Now may God, the source of hope, fill you with all joy and peace as you believe, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (International Standard Version). Thank You for this Scriptural reminder that I don’t manufacture hope. You are its Source!


Thank You that when I am honest, open and willing with You, I find You [and Your Truth] when I earnestly seek You (Jeremiah 29:13). Confessing my reluctance and refusal to trust and believe You at Your Word is a giant first step.


Thank You Father. Praise You Lord.


Singing ♪Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord♪ so many hours ago I am again surprised at it’s name. ♪Everlasting God♪


Based on the Truth of Isaiah 40:31 I realize my absolute need to trust You at Your Word. I want to wait on You and “find new strength.” To “fly high on wings like eagles… run and not grow weary… walk and not faint.”


Yes! ♪Strength WILL rise as we wait upon the Lord♪ Thank You Father.


Flipping over to John 3:19. Reading a Step 11 [of 12] devotional entitled Friends of the Light (The Life Recovery Bible for vs. 18-21) I am first reminded of my need to ‘seek through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with You. Praying only for knowledge of Your will and the power to carry that out.’


Again I thank You God! It’s You I long to represent. Here I get to read more about Your light shining in on our darkness. Cringing at the brokenness that has been hidden in the dark for so long it IS Your power on which I must depend and rely. Thank You that through Jesus You have made it all available to us.


I am being exposed in these verses Dearest Lord. Jesus speaking. “The Light from heaven [You] came into the world, but they [me] loved the darkness more than the light… they stay away from the light for fear their sins will be exposed and they will be punished.


Immediately another Chris Tomlin song begins. ♪Light of the world You stepped down into darkness Opened my eyes let me see Beauty that made this heart adore You Hope of a life spent with You And Here I Am To Worship Here I am to bow down Here I am to say that You’re my God You’re altogether lovely Altogether worthy Altogether wonderful to me♪


You are dear Lord! I confess and repent of my time spent in the darkness. Refusing to want, hope or trust. Turning to You (Revelation 3:19)


Are You joking me Dear Lord? 3:19!!!! Thank You! Praise You! Do ALL You must. In. With. By. Through. And for me. All that only You are able 


Now You are just cracking me up…


Turning to Ephesians 3:20 acknowledging Your “mighty power at work within us… able to do infinitely more than we could ever dare to ask or hope” I read up one verse. 3:19!


“May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.” Yes please Father. I want it. I desperately want to live Your life of love.

(9:45 a.m.)


Here I turn back to Proverbs 31:25. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7) that You would truly clothe me “with strength and dignity,” that I would earnestly “laugh with no fear of the future.”


Forgive me the fear and darkness I have once again allowed to overtake my thinking, words and actions. I love You Lord. I want to do a much better job of exhibiting Your Truth and Light in my life.


I want to be “strong and graceful, as well as cheerful about the future” (Contemporary English Version). Yes Father. Truly ‘laughing at the days to come’ (Complete Jewish Bible). Looking “to the future with confidence (Easy-to-Read Version).


Expanded Bible says, “She looks forward to the future with joy [laughs at the future; she is not anxious].” But let’s not stop there. No. Verse 26 adds to my list of wants.


“She speaks wise words [opens her mouth with wisdom] and teaches others to be kind [loving instruction is on her tongue].” Yes. Please Father. Make it so!


I want to represent You well. Use me. Exactly as You know is best. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. In the Light! I love You. I need You. I thank and praise You. Amen.

(1,010 words ~ 10:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment