Tuesday, April 5, 2022

power to persevere

 Tuesday, April 5, 2022 (7:14 a.m.)

Holy God,


I keep making mistakes. One right after another. Please help.


I’m looking to You Lord. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Wanting the power to persevere.


I am in absolute need of Your armor Dear Lord. All of it!


Oh! How perfect is this? The Message. A Fight to the Finish (Ephesians 6:10-18).


Yes please!


“And that [Paul’s teaching about submitting to the will of God (5:21-6:9)] about wraps it up. God is strong, and He wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the devil throws your way. This is no weekend war that we’ll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the devil and all his angels.


“Be prepared. [I mistakenly thought I was!] You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own [TRUTH!]. Take all the help you can get [♪Holy Spirit You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence, Lord♪], every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith and salvation are far more than words. Learn how to apply them [Oh! Yes, please!] You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.”


Dearest Father God, there is so much need. And I feel especially broken at this point. It is the strength of Your mighty power (6:10) on which I depend. Do all You must to bring us to You. Much like that mother hen I saw all those years ago protecting her brood in Puerto Rico.


Psalm 91 (v. 4)

Luke 13:34b


Oh most Holy God. Do all You know is best. In, with, by, through and for each of us. You alone are good. Holy. Faithful. Eternal. I love You. And I want desperately to serve You well.


Empower and enable me to Your good and perfect end. I love You. I need You. I want You. Thank You Father. Amen.

(435 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment