Friday, October 1, 2021

content whatever the circumstances ~ 9/30/21

 Thursday, September 30, 2021 (5:08 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You Lord. Yes. Thank You. Praise You. Thank You.


You meet our needs. You provide. This morning I ask You to continue teaching me to follow Paul’s lead in “learn[ing] to be content whatever the circumstances” (Philippians 4:11).


Mm, yes Lord. I get to wake up singing. Earlier changing one word to announce to the world, ♪HE Believes in Me♪ Oh, thank and praise You God, because You do!


I confess to not fully knowing how Your Truth translates to my every day life. Trusting that You believe in me gives me hope. Joy. Faith. Desire. Yes, Lord. I want to live this day for You.


In You. With You. By You. Through You! Teach me please.

(6:18 a.m.)

I want to follow You. Step by step into the day.


We have so many choices. Opportunities. Privileges. You provide them all. Make me obedient to Your leading. Your guidance.


Philippians 4:10-20. Give me fresh eyes and understanding as I read further into this section.


One thing jumps out at me as I read verse 11. In all but one of the translations Paul says, “I have [or I’ve] learned…” The only differing version has, “I did learn…”

(11:48 a.m.)


Father, I want to be a good learner. I believe myself to be in the learning stage. As in, “I am learning…” I’m still not there yet. But, thank You that I AM learning!


Work with, in, by, through and for me this day that the many things You have for me to learn will become part of my very nature. I love You Father. And I want to represent You well.


Reading more, I realize that Paul was not only content whatever the circumstances, he was also confident. Convinced. Sure. Certain. Persuaded. Without doubt. Trusting. “…that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns” (Philippians 1:6).


Mm. Yes, Lord. Continue Your work in me I pray. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Use me. Amen.

(362 words ~ 12:30 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment