Sunday, October 24, 2021

practice and play

 Sunday, October 24, 2021 (3:59 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


I read two questions yesterday. “What about you gives God joy?” and “What do you enjoy about God?” Take me deeper into Your Word as I consider them, please.


Actively choosing to do things differently yesterday was a good experiment for me. Thank You for the time and opportunity to explore. Examine. And delight in the simplest of things.


Weighing what worked [and what didn’t] was helpful. As was speaking up and asking questions. Father, thank You for Your love. And Your presence.


Today’s date marks one of the biggest changes in my growing up years. On a Sunday 50 years ago, our family’s patriarch mowed his lawn, sat down to play with his great-grandson and had a massive heart attack. Dying hours later.


Lord God, I didn’t know You then as I do now. Thank You for Your eternal presence. Often of which we are most unaware.


I want to practice awareness of You this day Dear Lord. I love You. I appreciate You. I want to know You better.


Thank You for the privilege of coming before You. Again with the song ♪Don’t Stop Believin’♪ welling up within.


Speak to me regarding John 16:12-33. The Holy Spirit Promised as well as Sadness Will Be Turned to Joy. I count on these Truths Dear Father. 


Illustrated Bible Handbook. “The Work of the Holy Spirit; 16:5-16… The Spirit… is the Living Voice of Jesus to us, who guides us into an experience of God’s Truth.”


Father, thank You. Praise You. You have the power to change us. To heal us. Reading Your Word I am comforted by Your promises.


Verse 20. International Children’s Bible. Jesus speaking to His disciples, “I tell you the truth. You will cry and be sad, but the world will be happy. You will be sad, but your sadness will become joy.”


If anyone would have tried to tell me that 50 years ago, I’m sure I would have screamed right at them. Thank You for changing me. Loving me. Growing me.


Just as I’m about to leave a new thought popped in. I’m not sure what You’ll have me do with it. Matthew 10:34. “Perhaps you think I’ve come to spread peace and calm over the earth - but my coming will bring conflict and division, not peace.”


Right on the heels of that are John 8:31-32. “Jesus said to the people who believed in Him, ‘You are truly my disciples if you keep obeying my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’”


And John 10:10-11. “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.”


Blessed Jesus, thank You for ALL You came to do. Dress me today in Your whole armor (Ephesians 6:11-17). Make me alert and prayerful (18) as I go out to practice and play at giving You joy and enjoying You in the process.


Thank You Father. Use me. I love You. Amen.

(534 words ~ 5:56 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment