Friday, October 29, 2021

genuinely blessed

 Thursday, October 28, 2021 (5:20 a.m.)

Holy God,


We were blessed yesterday. Truly, genuinely, supremely blessed. There was beauty. Conversation. Safe travel. Fun. Thank You Father. You provided it all.


(6:37 a.m.)


And now, I have this to ask of You. I want to become a generous giver.


Searching the internet concerning Your providing everything, I came to 2 Corinthians 9:8. Turning to The Passion Translation I begin at verse 7.


“Let giving flow from your heart, not from a sense of religious duty. Let it spring up freely from the joy of giving - all because God loves hilarious generosity! Yes. God is more than ready to overwhelm you with every form of grace, so that you will have more than enough of everything - every moment and in every way. He will make you overflow with abundance in every good thing you do. Just as the Scriptures say about the one who trusts in Him:


Because he has sown extravagantly and given to the poor, his kindness and generous deeds will never be forgotten.”


We experienced Your giving in nature yesterday. Genuinely awestruck by all You’ve created. And here begins the musical strain of ♪Revelation Song♪ Father, thank You for the ways You get our attention.


♪Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder At the mention of Your name♪


Here I confess to not remembering a time of being as awestruck by the mention of Your name as I have been by the ♪rainbows of living color Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder♪


Lord, I believe You to be holy. ♪Jesus, Your name is power, breath and living water Such a marvelous mystery… With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings You are my everything and I will adore You♪


Yes Lord, I ask You to fill me with all You know I need to be more overcome by the mention of Your name than the beauty of nature. You are great. Glorious. Good. Gracious. And I want to represent You well.


Teach me to share all You have so generously provided us. I love You. I want You. I need You. I thank and praise You. Use me. Amen.

(366 words ~ 7:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment