Monday, October 11, 2021

celebrating

 Tuesday, October  5, 2021 (7:13 a.m.)

Mammoth Lakes, CA

Blessed God,


Thank You. Praise You. Automatic words that I truly want to mean. Work in, with, by, through and for me to this end Dear Lord.


Another fire is burning wildly. It’s so sad, Dad.


I woke up singing of my wanting to ♪celebrate another day of living♪. It absolutely is my desire Lord. So I find myself reading the apostle Peter’s words to the Jewish Christians of his day.


Written “to show us how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world” (THE BOTTOM LINE The Life Recovery Bible). I look to You Lord. Yes.


While the desire to celebrate is sincere, I confess to mostly “faking it ’til I make it” right now. I trust You Lord.


Faith! Yes. That’s it. Forsaking All I Trust Him. Continue reminding me, Dear Lord.


As if to reenforce my thinking 1 Peter 1:5-7 speaks loud and clear for all to hear. “And God, in His mighty power, will protect you until you receive His salvation, because you are trusting Him.” I am dear Lord!


“It will be revealed on the last day for all to see. So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while. These trials are only to test your faith, to show that it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold - and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold. So if your faith remains strong after being tried by fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.”


Mm. Faith. Fiery trials. Much more literal than figurative right now.


Father, we need You so desperately. Your love. Jesus’ grace. And the fellowship of the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 12:13). All reminding us that we are not alone in the battle. That the battle does indeed belong to the Lord!


Mm... ♪In heavenly armor we’ll enter the land… No weapon that’s fashioned against us will stand… We sing glory and honor Power and strength to the Lord… The power of darkness comes in like a flood… He’s raised up a standard, the power of His blood… When your enemy presses in hard do not fear… Take courage my friend, your redemption is near The Battle Belongs to the Lord♪


Yes! Thank and praise You. You know Your best. I ask that we follow You today. Celebrating another day of living. Yes! Another day of life!


Father God, we DO love You. We are in absolute need of Your love, Christ’s grace and the Holy Spirit joining all our hearts together in genuine worship and adoration. Do all You must to this end.


We need You. We want You. We ask You, “Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20b). Amen.

(497 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment