Monday, October 11, 2021

following suit

 Thursday, October 7, 2021 (5:23 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You! We sang and smiled together yesterday. I’d like to follow suit again today. Yes, please. I want to once more be delighted over the simple gifts of wonder You offer us.


Lord, You are so great. Glorious. Good. And gracious. The spectacular view of a potential stormy sky sticks with me as I sit here. You provide us so many reasons to be grateful.


Breaking into singing the song I didn’t recognize yesterday. Thank You for leading me to find it as ♪Revelation Song♪ Truly, You ARE worthy. Holy.


♪Clothed in rainbows of living color Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder Blessing and honor strength and glory and power be To You: the only wise King… Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder At the mention of Your name♪


Stopping right there. Confessing that not usually being the case. Father, thank You that I am often filled with wonder. Awestruck wonder. Rarely is it at the mention of Your name. More often the wonder comes from the physical reminders of all You have created.


Use me this day I pray to share this awestruck wonder You provide us with others. Yes Father. You alone know all that is best and I long to bear true witness to all You are and do.


Quoting here the verse I held onto yesterday, I ask that You make it evident in me today. Proverbs 3:5-6. The Message.


“Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for GOD’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all.”


Yes please Lord. Line me up with the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Making me alert and prayerful at all times (v. 18). Faithful, even unto death (Revelation 2:10). As well as earnest and repentant (3:19).


Strike me with awe again today dearest Lord, that I will truly be filled with wonder at the mention of Jesus’ most holy name.


I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You for ♪another day to celebrate another day of livin’… another day of life♪


Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(388 words ~ 6:36 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment