Friday, October 1, 2021

intriguing invitation

Friday, October 1, 2021 (7:32 a.m.)

Holy, Holy God,


Another new month. Thank You Father. What shall we do with it?


Let’s see… invite the Holy Spirit in. Ask. Request. Summon.


♪Holy Spirit You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere…♪


INVITATION AND ACCEPTANCE is the title in The Celebration Hymnal. There’s a smile right there. Celebration. Guide me as only You can.


Look at the section just before this one. HOLY SPIRIT. And above that? HEALING. The two that follow are equally intriguing. JOY and LOVE.


Lord, You cover us with mercy and grace in Christ every single day. Too often I don’t see the forest for the trees. I get lost in details and take my eyes off all You provide.


This morning I am inviting myself along to all You know is best. Not my will. But Thine! Yes. ♪Thy Will Be Done…♪


So many songs to sing. So much goodness to absorb. Yes Lord. As I continue identifying my nature as being spongelike, I long to absorb all You would have me take in.


Your greatness. Glory. Goodness. Grace. Mm. All You have to offer!


Just look at this perfect song for me this morning! ♪Come, Holy Spirit, I need You, Come, sweet Spirit, I pray. Come in Your strength and Your power; Come in Your own gentle way.♪


Yes. Yes. Yes! This is exactly what I pray this day.


Romans 8:2. The Voice. “… because when you live in the Anointed One, Jesus, a new law takes effect. The law of the Spirit of life breathes into you and liberates you from the law of sin and death.”


Yes. ♪Come Holy Spirit♪ As: wisdom, new sight, strength, rest, balm, dew, joy, spring, sweet healing power. What an intriguing invitation.


I love You. I need You. I want You. I ask You. Come! Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(320 words ~ 8:33 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment