Tuesday, October 12, 2021

risks AND benefits

Tuesday, October12, 2021 (5:57 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


“Risks versus benefits.” That’s what I woke up thinking. Bringing it before You just now, I realized a one word change. AND instead of versus.


Hmm… Matthew 25:14-30. Guide me in understanding how You would have me apply this section Dear Lord.


I love You. You have profoundly blessed us. I long to be the good and faithful servant (vs. 21; 23) exemplified in these verses. You know what is best. All that is required for daring obedience.


I confess to being reluctant, Dear Father. Fear of making a mistake keeps me bound. Unwilling to take risks. No matter the potential benefit.


Work in me this day, O Lord. With. By. Through. For. I want to be the woman You have created me to be. Unafraid of putting to use the talents You have afforded me.


An inset in The Voice describes Jesus telling His disciples of “slaves waiting for their Master… given responsibilities that will be rewarded. The blessings of the Kingdom bring risks along with the benefits.”


Father, I do not take being Your child lightly. Embolden me in sharing You and Your blessings freely with others.


I love You. Use me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(211 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment