Saturday, October 30, 2021

asked to pray

 Saturday, October 30, 2021 (8:00 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You!


I was invited to pray for friends yesterday. What an honor and a privilege Lord. To be trusted to listen. And asked to pray.


I confess Dear Father, so often I fall into the Truth the apostle Paul wrote to the church at Rome. “Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting [for The Future Glory], God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves…” (Romans 8:26 The Message).


Lord, I depend on Your Word. Here from The Passion Translation. “And in a similar way, the Holy Spirit takes hold of us in our human frailty to empower us in our weakness. For example, at times we don’t even know how to pray, or know the best thing to ask for. But the Holy Spirit rises up within us to super-intercede on our behalf, pleading to God with emotional sighs too deep for words.”


Your Truth, Father. Your promises. Thank and praise You!


This footnote from The Passion Translation explains and expands my hope. “The Greek word hupererentugkhano is best translated ‘super [or hyper]-intercede for us.’ We can only imagine how many blessings have poured into our lives because of the hyper-intercession of the Holy Spirit for us!”


I count on this to be true Dearest God. So often I don’t know what to ask for or how best to pray. It’s then that I truly rely on You to know my heart and what the Spirit is saying (v. 27 New Living Translation).


With this being my sincere hope Dear Lord, I turn this day over to You. Asking (Matthew 7:7) You to use it to Your good and to Your glory. Do all You must to Your perfect end.


I love You. I need and want You. Thank and praise You. Amen.


(350 words ~ 9:00 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment