Monday, October 11, 2021

far more than enough

 Friday, October 8, 2021 (6:14 a.m.)

Family Room

Holy God,


It’s a little early. Rather dark. And very rainy. Thank You Lord. We need the rain.


Saturday, October 9, 2021 (7:27 a.m.)


Almost as quick as the rain came, it seems that was how fast it was gone. Along with any semblance of a decent attitude on my part.


Forgive me Lord. Disappointment. Frustration. And resentment all led to an air of ingratitude on my part. This is absolutely NOT Your best for us! “In all things give thanks” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).


I came nowhere close to following this. Oh, but look. Here’s a smile. A genuine, unforced, absolutely authentic smile. Thank you Father. And again, forgive me.


You give us so very much. Far more than enough. Not only with which to be satisfied, but also ecstatic! I completely missed that opportunity yesterday. Moping comes nowhere near rejoicing.


Blessed, Holy Father God, how I thank You for righting my wrong thinking. Turning my heart and mind back to Your glorious Word.


I ask You to infuse me with the Truth of Your Word this day. Empower and enable me to actually live according to its call.


“Let joy be your continual feast. Make your life a prayer. And in the midst of everything be always giving thanks, for this is God’s perfect plan for you in Christ Jesus. Never restrain or put out the fire of the Holy Spirit” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 The Passion Translation).


Yes please Lord. Make me obedient to Your teachings. Leaning not on my own understanding. In ALL my ways acknowledging You. That You will direct my path (Proverbs 3:5-6).


I knew the dangerously silly game of sulking I had fallen into yesterday. It didn’t occur to me to counteract it with praise and thanksgiving. I willfully chose despair. Thank You that with [in, by, through, for] You we are always called to “Be earnest and repent” (Revelation 3:19).


♪Your love never fails It never gives up It never runs out on me… Because on and on, and on, and on it goes Because it overwhelms and satisfies my soul And I never, ever have to be afraid One Thing Remains… Your love never fails…♪ (Psalm 136; 1 Corinthians 13:7-8; Romans 8:37-39; Ephesians 3:18-19).


No comments:

Post a Comment