Monday, October 11, 2021

Quiet Contemplation

 Sunday, October 3, 2021 (10:25 a.m.)

Twin Lakes, CA


I have no words. Just thoughts. Random. Filtering. Appreciative. Grateful.


I know where to start! A 44 year old published writing of doggerel. Found just yesterday. Life In Verse written by a “Devout Christian, Poet, Humanitarian.” Born in 1883.

(12:07 p.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You for the opportunity of travel. A five hour drive north to nature. Tree branches swaying. Leaves flittering. Lake water rippling in the wind. The melodic call of a bird. Beauty at its simple best.


Interesting that I was just starting to ask You to speak with me about change as I immediately recalled my excitement from learning an appropriate acronym about the Holy Spirit.


Comforter. Helper. Advocate. New heart. Guide. Empowerer.


People enJOYing the lake. Stand Up Paddlers. Kayakers. Those in canoes ~ with a toddler no less! Such bravery, Lord. Faith winning out over fear!


♪Mercy triumphs over judgment… My heart beating, my soul breathing I found my life when I laid it down Upward falling, spirit soaring I touch the sky when my knees hit the ground♪


Yes please Lord. Continue Your work in teaching me to listen, hear and obey Your Holy Spirit’s guiding force in my life.


Water fowl. Another boarder. And another. This one with a snag. Stopping briefly to release the tangle of a fishing line.


Bike riders. Families. Horn honks. Traffic. Change.


♪He will be my Guide Hold me closely to His side… God will make a way Where there seems to be no way…♪


Peacefulness. Tranquility. Your presence. Our joy. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Use me. Amen.

(276 words ~ 1:18 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment