Saturday, April 10, 2021

Faith and Feelings

 Saturday, April 10, 2021 (6:46 a.m.)

Blessed God,


I’m smiling. Praise You. And singing [♪I Finally Found Someone♪]. Thank You.


Yes. Praise and thank You Lord.


Just those few words and here I am reading Psalm 106:1. And learning more about *Faith and Feelings (Illustrated Bible Handbook).


I give You full rein [REIGN!] Lord. Asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7-11) that You will do in, with, by, through and for me all that You alone know is best.


Thank You Father that I get to come to You exactly as I am. Hurts. Disappointments. And hopes. Yes. Let us never forget the hope we have in You.


And now another search. Following one verse to a Theology in Brief leads to more verses, comments and another song. Sparked only by the tune.


Thinking the words to be ‘hope in God’. No, that wasn’t it. ‘Trust in God’? Nuh-uh. Not that either. Continue the search. Oh look! Sitting up straighter. Thank You God.


Not giving up. Another approach. “____ in God and He will sustain You lyrics”. Second on the list.


♪Cast Thy Burdens upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee♪ Psalm 55:22. The more I read and sing, the more I want to know. And learn. And trust. And hope. Mm, yes. Hope. In You.


I give You my faith and feelings Lord. Asking You to use them to Your good and to Your glory. I love You.


* “The psalms are filled with expressions of emotion. Despair, anger, anguish, loneliness, and fear are expressed along with gratitude, wonder, peace and sheer joy. The free and open expression of emotions in the psalms helps us understand the relationship between faith and feelings…”


Use me today Lord. Exactly as You wish. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(299 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment