Wednesday, April 7, 2021

so many dreams

 Wednesday, April 7, 2021 (6:39 a.m.)

Holy God,


I love You. I thank You. Sleep [and dreams] happened. So many dreams Lord.


Mm… here I am. Excited for our time together. Asking You to guide me in Your Word.


First stop? Isaiah 9:6. The Voice.


Hope of all hopes, dream of our dreams, a child is born, sweet-breathed; a son is given to us: a living gift. And even now, with tiny features and dewy hair, He is great. The power of leadership, and the weight of authority, will rest on His shoulders. His name? His name we’ll know in many ways - He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Dear Father everlasting, ever-present never-failing, Master of Wholeness, Prince of Peace.”


Oh my Dearest Lord God, thank You for taking me to the most unexpected verse. And teaching me more of all I do not know.


The Passion Translation Footnotes explains, “The ‘child’ speaks of Christ’s humanity and the ‘son’ points to His eternal deity. This son would be born in a time of darkness, but He will bring the light of a new day to the hearts of men.”


Over here in The Life Recovery Bible I quote the comment. “9:6 God’s promise to send a Counselor and Prince of Peace was fulfilled with the birth of Jesus Christ. Christ is the one to whom we can turn for deep healing and recovery. He is the Wonderful Counselor, who can help us sort through the inner mess of our life and guide us into truth and reality.”


Where my earlier focus was on the details and numerous dreams of the night, linking Jesus to being “Hope of all hopes, dream of our dreams” settles well with me. Thank You God for taking my attention back over to You.


Turning again to the comment, “He [Jesus] is the Mighty God, who can supply us with the power to stay on the path of recovery. He is the Everlasting Father, who can love us more deeply than any earthly father can. He is the Prince of Peace, who can fill us with peace and make us whole.”


Your Truth is so much greater than any of our dreams. Thank You God. Lead me in living this day in accordance to Your will and guidance.


I love You. I thank You. There were so many dreams. And You are our “Hope of all hopes.” Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.


(416 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment