Tuesday, April 27, 2021

work

 Tuesday, April 27, 2021 (5:30 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for the work You do in our lives. The work You do in our relationships. Mm, yes Lord. Thank You for who You are and all You do.


You change us Lord. Our hearts. Our souls. Our minds. Our strength. With Billy Joel again singing in my head [♪Tell Her About It♪] I turn once more to Paul’s letter to the Philippians (2:13).


You amaze me, Father. The mercy and grace and peace You offer us is free for the taking. So often we complicate it. And right here I consider Lamentations 3:22-23 and start singing ♪Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me… Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me…♪


So many verses. Micah 6:8; Philippians 4:8. So many songs. You just keep speaking [and singing] Your Truth to us. Working in us to ‘desire and do what always pleases You’ (Philippians 2:13).


Blessed God, I’m asking You to continue Your good work in and with us. Changing us to “Do all things without grumbling and complaining [against God] and questioning and doubting [among yourselves]” (v. 14).


I look to You Father, wanting to listen and hear Your voice. Your direction. And our time together here just keeps getting better. Thank You Lord.


The Passion Translation. Isaiah 30:20-21. “Even though the Lord may allow you to go through a season of hardship and difficulty, He Himself will be there with you. He will not hide Himself from you, for your eyes will constantly see Him as your Teacher. When you turn to the right or turn to the left, you will hear His voice behind you to guide you, saying, ‘This is the right way; follow it.’”


Oh yes Lord. Let me hear Your voice! I love You. Guide me exactly where You would have me go. Do all You must. Your love is perfect. Use me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(335 words ~ 6:50 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment