Tuesday, April 6, 2021

metaphor

 Tuesday, April 6, 2021 (7:13 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Speaking metaphorically, I really “stepped” in it yesterday! Truly believing myself to be taking the high road, I nearly went right over the edge.


Without all the gory details [You know them anyway] I did many things according to MY will. Definitely not Yours.


Forgive me Lord for the times I zigged when I should have zagged.. Held on to that grudge instead of just letting it go. Choosing quantity time in the yard over quality time here with You.


I love You

(7:53 a.m.)


And right here You get my attention. Again! Thank You God.


1 Peter 2:1. First from The Life Recovery Bible. And then? The Passion Translation Footnotes.


“So get rid of all malicious behavior and deceit. Don’t just pretend to be good! Be done with hypocrisy and jealousy and backstabbing.” This was me yesterday. Pretending to be good. With so many malicious thoughts.


Father God, thank You that I get to bring it all to You and still receive Your mercy and grace. You are so good!


Two Aramaic words are explained in the footnotes. First describes ‘ridding ourselves.’ “The Aramaic uses an interesting word that could be translated ‘oasis rest.’ The thought is that we must be completely free from evil and be at rest within. Purity is an oasis rest for the people of God.”


I absolutely did not experience such rest yesterday! Knowing my thoughts and actions were not representing You well, I continued them anyway. Forgive me Lord.


The second note at the bottom tells us, “The Greek word hupokrisis (the behavior of a hypocrite) can also be translated ‘a hypercritical attitude of pulling things apart for judgmental analysis.’…” If there were a photo next to this description, it would be of me!


“…. The Aramaic can be translated ‘wearing a face mask.’” When I pretend to feel or be something I’m not, that is exactly what I do. Thank You for speaking Your Truth to me Father. Loudly. Clearly. Plainly.


Do all You must that I will truly live this day according to Your will. Your way. Loving. Forgiving. Being the woman You created me to be.


I love You. I want to serve You as You alone know is best. Teach me Father. And keep me on a tight enough leash that my thoughts and judgments don’t take me right off any side but Yours.


Thank You. Praise You. Use m. Amen.

(416 words ~ 8:43 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment