Monday, April 12, 2021

MUSIC!

 Monday, April 12, 2021 (5:38 a.m.)

♪Hallelujah, Hallejuah…♪

(6:18 a.m.)


Here are two quotes I found so personally relevant while searching the origin of this song by Leonard Cohen:


“finding peace in the vicissitudes [changes, twists] of brokenness”


“The word ‘hallelujah,’ is a refrain worthy of times of: celebration, mourning, regret, catharsis and reconciliation.”

(6:35 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


MUSIC!

(7:00 a.m.)

Yes Lord. MUSIC! 


Holy, holy God, how I thank You for the work music does on my soul. Without even noticing, there are times that music changes my entire outlook. Like right now for instance!


Waking up, realizing there was again no smile, I had choices. Forcing one onto my face seemed like such a lie.


Attempting to find a song for my soul I went with yesterday's ♪This Is the Day…♪ While I know it to be true, it just didn’t feel honest.


The mournful strains of ♪Hallelujah♪ echoed within. So much that I not only found the lyrics, but the origin as well.


Blessed, Holy Father God, this is where my whole demeanor changed. The eagerness and excitement that sparks when You and I are onto something together!


Watching a segment of months old news, I got to randomly hear ♪Somewhere Over the Rainbow♪ by IZ Kamakawiwo’ole, Just the first few notes of his ukulele and I noticed myself smile. For real! Not forced. Just there.


Thank and praise You Father. You take such perfect, tender care of us. Providing exactly what You know we need.


The time I spend in my head, Lord. Doubting, even arguing with myself about my own understandings of Your Truth. I attempt, in my own strength and power, to evoke responses consistent with Your teachings.


It’s when I recognize the peace, even joyful response, I experience to the playful musical score of Jason Mraz’ hit ♪I’m Yours♪ I realize how easily I am calmed and settled with no attempt on my part at all. Thank You Father. You are so good!


This morning I am asking You to continue Your loving, careful work in me. Taking me out of my head. Putting the focus on You where it so rightly belongs. Do all You must in making me able to live this day exactly as You alone know is best.


Right here, I thank You again for the righting You do to my thinking. The harsh judgments I continually pass on myself are again relieved in Your Word of Truth. The Message. Romans 8:26-28. “Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.”


Father, I confess my critical nature to You. And straight away I’m sent to Philippians 4:6 and 7. “Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.”


It IS wonderful! Truly wonderful. I am sitting up. Straight and tall. Smiling. Hopeful. Eager. Excited. Ready to get started with the day. Lead and guide me Lord. As only You can.


I love You. I long to follow and obey You. Speak so I can hear You. Through music? Or the yard work I have planned. Or however You need.


♪ Doo-doo… I won’t hesitate no more… Open up your plans and, you’re free And look into your heart, and you’ll find that The sky is yours…  There’s no need to complicate ‘Cause our time is short… this is our fate I’m Yours! ♪


I am Father. I am Yours! Use me. I love You. Thank You. Amen.


(712 words ~ 8:52 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment